Tuesday 17 September 2013

CHICKEN SOUP





So whilst all my friends and family back home in South Africa are celebrating the beginning of spring, I'm wearing my thermal stockings and making chicken soup. Yes, we all know what chicken soup means, the flu! I have the feeling the only reason it feels as though a giant carrot has been shoved up my nose causing this upper respiratory blockage, is because of the boys coughing all over the place. They must think "use your hand" means lets fly a kite, or parade time because they never do (use their hand that is).

On a lighter note, I am loving it here. I am going to Amsterdam for this weekend thanx to my dear friend Bastian who has let me stay in his apartment whilst he is away. I am planning an Amsterdam takeover. All the museums, all the touristy stuff, and perhaps a coffee shop and the red light district too (when in Amsterdam right) . I also booked my flight to Barcelona last night. What a milestone it is to finally get to travel Europe. I recall 4 years ago when my sister and her boyfriend went and feeling completely overwhelmed with jealousy. The feeling passed but somehow I feel as though it's finally my turn.

I have also been bombarded with questions, messages and emails asking me what I have been getting up to, where I am, and how I have been enjoying it here thus far. Its hard for me to get back to everyone, and usually with the same long message that I have had to retype to different people, pretty much relaying the same answer. It can get a bit much, so if you're curious, come here and read about it. I have tried to update more about my travels on the blog as apposed to Facebook because it really does tend to clog peoples feeds and I myself know how annoying that can be. I also want people to make an effort to see what I am up to and not take the easiest route of asking me though Facebook. Whew, rant over!

No comments:

Post a Comment