Tuesday 19 November 2013

THE SECRET LIFE OF AN AU PAIR

 
I  am quite perplexed as to why I titled this post  the 'secret ' of an au pair, when really it's not.
Au pairing is a strange thing to describe, and although I swore Id keep this blog as tastefull as possible regarding travel and design, I cant seem to avoid this topic.
 
Some days I only deal with the 3 boys I look after for a mere hour, yet I find myself crawling back into bed of exhaustion afterwards. This is where the 'lazy' part of being an au pair comes into play. After taking numerous naps in a day, what happens after mostly entails sitting in bed on the internet where I hound all my social media sites and a few travel blogs along the way. Yeah sure I do a post here and there but for the most part I have become extremely lazy!
 
Along with being lazy, comes the constant habit of eating. Because I am in the house on a pretty much 24/7 basis, I find myself eating even when I'm not hungry, be it biscuits or broccoli. I find comfort in staying In my tracksuit pants all day and can't even be bothered on trying on my pair of favourite jeans I brought along in fear of knowing they will most likely not fit anymore.
 
Its very easy to fall into the trap of being lazy whilst being an au pair, but as a pulled myself out of bed to do the grocery shopping today, I passed an old man crossing the road wearing his wooden clogs. All I could do was smile and tell myself that only such a sight would be seen in Holland. I most certainly wouldn't have seen that from staying in my bed all day...
 

2 comments:

  1. Tara, you are such a good writer. Loved reading your description of the lazy day and the old man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It means a lot that you enjoy reading my posts! We still have to start our blog that will take over the world :)

    ReplyDelete