Sunday 25 August 2013

WELKOM THUIS...



As I write this post, I am looking out of my cottage window in Driebergen, Utrecht, The Netherlands. Oh life is good...

With regard to the previous statement, I don't think I have ever been more exhausted in my life. An 8 hour flight with not a wink of sleep, followed by a connecting flight from Dubai to Amsterdam. I honestly can say that it feels like I am floating form exhaustion. Maybe this is the feeling everyone is talking about when they refer to being on cloud nine?

Its only been 1 day, yet I have met some incredible people thus far. I would say the best part of my journey thus far was the incredibly warm welcome I got at the airport with Reinoud and Basti showering me with flowers, hugs and a 'welkom thuis' balloon. Obviously with all the commotion we were causing my host family were able to spot me and more hugs and welcomes preceded. The days events were followed by a tour around town by Willemijn on the' bakfiets' with the 2 boys and myself  and Jeep following  closely. I didn't say much throughout the entire bike ride as I was in such awe of the beauty of the forests, walkways and general atmosphere of the town. I'm going to like it here, I can tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment