Wednesday 4 December 2013

IT'S SUNNY OUT

Today was fridged, so much so that all the leaves on the ground had a thick layer of frost (a close resemblance to snow in my opinion). Despite the crisp, cold temperature, there was hardly a cloud in the sky and yes, the sun was out too. This was all the more of an excuse to bike to Doorn, the town next door to my own, to run a few errands and of course,explore. On the outskirts of Doorn are large green grassy pastures with cows, big wooden barns and tree lined streets. My mother suggested I roll up my sleeves and absorb some vitamin D when the sun shines, but in all honesty, it was way too cold to even take my gloves off. I suppose I will just have to pop some vitamin pills for the next couple of months since there is no way my bare skin will be able to withstand these temperatures. I happily biked back to town with Fiona Apple softly playing in my ear, and feeling somewhat happy and content at the days outcome.
 
*Due to the untimely death of my cell phone, I have had to make the temporary change of using a 2 year old iphone and its camera, hence the disgustingly poor quality of the photos. The landscapes and the fact that the sun is shining in all photos kind of makes up for  it though...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment